Veteran Benefits

Getting your VA education benefits squared away may be simpler than you think. It just takes a few easy steps:

  1. Apply for admission to Indiana Tech.
  2. Submit an application for benefits to the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can do this through the Veterans Online Application portal.
  3. Register for classes. Your admissions representative will help you with this. Military benefits cannot be certified until a veteran student is registered for classes.
  4. Provide us with your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). VA will send you a COE three to six weeks after you submit your application for benefits. You can give a copy to your admissions representative or email it directly to the school certifying official by sending it to the Office of the University Registrar at
  5. After receiving your COE, we will send your enrollment information to VA which allows them to start paying your benefits.

The GI Bill website is a valuable resource if you have questions about your benefits. It contains an FAQ section, detailed information about the Post-9/11 GI-Bill and other programs, and a comparison tool to help you make the best decision.

Military Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is another benefit most active duty, guard, and reserve personnel have available.

  • The Army uses the GoArmyEd system to administer TA.
  • You must create an account with GoArmyEd and be registered for classes to request TA.
  • You must submit a separate request for each class for which you wish to receive TA, and you should complete the request before the first day of class.
  • GoArmyEd also requires you to upload a verification document called a “cost sheet.” You can request a cost sheet, other documents, and ask questions about GoArmyEd by emailing the Office of the University Registrar at
  • The Navy, Marines, and Air Force all handle their TA programs differently from the GoArmyEd system. You should contact your unit cadre or base education liaison for more information about these branches’ programs.

If you are unable to find the answers you need, please contact our VA Specialist, or email us at