4+1 Programs

Get a head start on a master’s degree

Indiana Tech’s 4+1 programs give qualified undergraduate students a head start on a master’s degree by allowing them to enroll in two graduate level courses as part of their bachelor’s degree program. Degree options in the 4+1 program include:

  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
  • Master of Science in Management
  • Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
  • Master of Science in Psychology

Save Time

In the 4+1 program, you can take two graduate courses and count the credits toward both your bachelor’s and master’s degree. When you complete your bachelor’s degree, you’ll already be two steps down the road toward completing your master’s degree. Since Indiana Tech’s graduate courses are offered at an accelerated pace, you could complete your master’s in as little as one year.

Save Money

If you enroll in graduate courses while still pursuing your bachelor’s degree, you’ll pay the undergraduate tuition rate. Plus, you’ll have two fewer classes to take — and pay for — while completing your master’s degree.

Program Requirements

  • You may apply to the 4+1 program when you have completed 75 undergraduate credits.
  • If accepted into the 4+1 program, you may begin taking graduate courses when you have completed 90 credits (each program has specific prerequisites).
  • You can double count a maximum of 6 credits for your bachelor’s degree and master’s degree.
  • You will remain classified as an undergraduate until you have completed all of the requirements for your bachelor’s degree, and you must maintain specified academic standards. If you do not meet the standards, you will be dismissed from the 4+1 program and will lose the ability to double count the 6 credits. You must then take the necessary course work to finish the undergraduate program.

Apply or Learn More

  • Download and print the 4+1 Application. Program information can be found in the application.
  • If you are a traditional undergraduate student, contact your academic advisor to sign and submit your application.
  • If you are a student in the College of Professional Studies, contact an admissions representative at one of our regional campuses to sign and submit your application.